Eskom has 13 Utilityman Operating positions vacant in the Operating department at the Duvha Power Station, Mpumalanga. Candidates with 1 year experience are welcome to apply. The successful candidate will be responsible to assist with the inspection, monitoring and safe operation of the coal plant to execute all operational activities.
Location: Duvha Power Station, Mpumalanga
Closing Date: 31 May 2013
Reference Number: 50186127LWM / 329-1200844
- Abet 3
- 1 year
How to Apply:
To apply for any Eskom vacancy you have to register – you only need to register once – then you can apply for any vacancy.
Click here to register.
Once you’ve registered, you have to login to apply.
Click here to login.
Contact: You can contact Shared Services on 011 800 2311 if you experience any difficulty in applying.
Skills and Competencies
- Environmental awareness
- Basic power plant understanding
- Check all bearing and gearbox oil levels, skirting rubbers and clean idlers before starting of any belts
- Check that tramp iron wires and rubbish are removed daily and that all chutes are clean
- Test emergency trip wires and centrifugal switches after each coaling operation
- Report abnormal conveyor belt trips immediately and all plant defects daily
- Draw coal according to the laid down procedure by operating chutes and hopper gates or as otherwise instructed and maintain bunker levels as required
- Clean the suspended magnets once per shift or when required
- Act as laid down in emergency conditions (such as the handling of burning coal, fire in staithes etc.)
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Perform any other legitimate activity as required
More info here